Sunday, August 16, 2009

WAC Meeting


I went to my first Wearable Art Group meeting this Saturday. Actually, right after I dropped Erin off at the airport to go to Richmond. I was very sad the entire day but I did enjoy the meeting. It was held in Redondo Beach. That is a long way from Santa Ana, and is a place I have never been before. All the years of living in Southern California and I have never been there. The meeting was wonderful. They had a speaker Margot Silk Forrest who is an expert at painting shoes. She is the owner of Sassy Feet. Her web site it www.sassyfeet.com. She had samples of her shoes and lots of photos. She also was teaching a class today and I wanted to go but I have way too much to do. Oh well, some other time. I learned alot about glue and the proper paint for shoes. Very interesting.

They had a lot of terrific things for sale at the lunch break. See the picture for what I bought. It is very hard to find pink and orange cotton fabric. And those patterns. I love the shirt and the Asian outfit. Unbelievably, they are in my size.

Erin arrived at her new apartment last night and called me. She says it is really hot there. Probably like when I first went to see you ML and there were those few days where the humidity is unbearable and you have to stay in the air conditioned house to survive.

She is on here way now.

No comments: